Cats are, along with dogs, the most common animals as pets in the home. They are independent as well as loyal. Their characteristics make them the perfect option for people with less time since they require less attention than a dog. Possibly you already knew all this, but surely you did not know their positive effects on people’s health.
As you can hear, there are many benefits of having a cat at home, and we will tell you about them all below. Also, we will tell you how to buy a kitten if you plan to buy a cat near me.
Advantages of having a cat at home
- They are affectionate as well as independent.
- They do not require the same level of attention as a dog.
- They do not need to go out to relieve themselves or for a walk.
- They can be alone at home all day, even for several days.
- They are fun and playful.
- They make you laugh.
- They are extremely clean and teach themselves to use their sandbox.
- Easy to care for
- Quiet and relaxed
- They can live in small spaces.
Health benefits of having a cat
The company and love of a cat are therapeutic. If you share your life with a cat, surely you have felt how your stress level decreases when you get home, and it lies on top of you purring. But not only do they reduce stress, but cats also can reduce sadness, loneliness, and anxiety.
It is curious that, even with their independent nature, they can improve our mood and cover that emptiness that we feel when we are sad just by lying next to them. Hence, this is why many individuals always want to buy a kitten.
Some of the benefits of having a cat at home are:
- Reduces stress:Petting a cat is proven to be therapeutic and reduces cortisol levels (a stress-related hormone) while producing a relaxing sensation.
- Alleviates depression:Cats reduce the feeling of sadness and loneliness, being able to help in cases of depression and anxiety with just their presence and company.
- Inspires positive emotions:Cats increase joy and happiness.
- Helps to sleep better:The strong bond created between humans and cats makes us feel calm and protected when they are by our side. Another benefit of having to buy a kitten or a cat at home is that we sleep better with it (even more than with our partner).
- It has a therapeutic effect on people with communication or socialization problems:Cats have a very positive effect on people with Autism or Asperger’s; They help them relate better and make them feel more confident than with other people. It has to do with an increase in oxytocin hormone linked to social relationships.
- Purring reduces pain and improves healing:The vibration and sound that cats produce when purring not only naturally relax people but are also linked to pain reduction and tissue healing.
- Improves mental health:Among the benefits of having a cat at home is also an improvement in the general well-being of people.
- Protects the heart:Cats have been shown to have a relaxing effect on people and thus help reduce stress and anxiety levels.
- Reduces the chances of suffering from allergies:Children who grow up with a cat at home develop a stronger immune system against different diseases such as allergies and asthma.
- Pest controller:If all this seems little to you, having a cat at home also helps keep your home free of insects, mice, and other pests with its hunting spirit. Formerly, it was an animal used for this purpose in the houses, but it ended up earning a place as a life partner over time.
According to different studies, people who live with cats also have lower blood pressure and a stronger immune system. Another benefit of having to buy a cat near me! Amazing, right?
There are many benefits of having a cat at home, don’t you think? So, if you still haven’t been able to check them out, what are you waiting for to buy a kitten or adopt one and improve your life?
The company of a cat will make you happier; It will improve your mood and also your health. But, in addition to all this, if you adopt a homeless kitten, you can have that uniquely rewarding feeling of having saved its life. Also, you can check through Pure Bred Kitties to select the choice of cat to become your lifelong partner.